Some Favorite Christmas Movies
Now that Black Friday is here, the ‘official’ Christmas season starts. Shopping, putting up the tree and decoration are all a part of the holiday season but so is watching our favorite Christmas movies.
There are many, many holiday films to choose from and everywhere you look they have ‘their favorite’ holiday movies. I found this site that has ‘most’ of mine so I’ll share.
10. Home Alone. Such a great movie especially when Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern try breaking into Kevin McCallister's house. Funny.
9. A Christmas Story. Set in 1940’s Indiana where the mom is worried Ralphie will shoot his eye out with BB Gun.
8. Elf. Will Farrell does a great job playing Buddy the Elf.
7. White Christmas. Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney in an all-time classic.
6. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo. What would Christmas be without watching ‘Clark’ trying to get the Christmas lights working.
5. Jingle All the Way. This is not one of my favorites but is a good movie. What parent hasn’t gone searching for the one ‘have to have’ toy for their kids like Arnold Schwarzenegger does in the movie.
4. It’s a Wonderful Life. This is a ‘number one’ Christmas movie for a lot of people. This movie deals with suicide and depression (not your typical Christmas theme) but the happy ending is good.
3. Love Actually. A great cast that includes Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson, Colin Firth and Emma Thompson. One my favorites in recent years. It’s a feel good movie where it seems love is possible at Christmas time.
2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. This animated movie first came out in 1964 and has been a favorite ever since.
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas. The holiday classic premiered in 1965 with Charlie Brown being depressed over the commercialization of Christmas. Linus set ‘us’ all straight on the true meaning of Christmas.