Andy Capwell’s ‘American Idol’ Recap: Top 13 Perform
Season XIII of 'American Idol' is rolling along and we are at the point of the live shows! The top 13 take the stage for your votes. Before the recap, some changes to point out. Viewers can now vote for a contestant before the end of the show, I don't think this is right, people should hear all of them sing before they vote. Votes are also now limited to 50 votes per method of voting. You can call, text, use the 'Super' vote with the American Idol app or vote through Google. Now to the singing.The theme was 'This is Me'.
1. Dexter Roberts: The country kid sings Chris Young's 'Aw Naw'. Dexter is country and fun and sings the song well.
2. Mayala Watson: She sings some Bruno Mars and it wasn't good. While she was singing I was wondering what Simon would have said.
3. Kristen O'Connor: She tackles the original winner Kelly Clarkson. Kristen looks the part of an Idol, but vocally it just wasn't there.
4. Ben Briley: Ben sings Folsom Prison Blues on what would have been Johnny Cash's 82nd birthday. Ben is comfortable on stage and did a good job.
5. C.J. Harris: Sings Darius Rucker's 'Radio'. C.J. even kind of looks like Darius. He does an okay job but seemed a little nervous.
6. MK Nobilette: She has a cool vibe to her, but she is vocally thin, judges love her.
7. Majesty Rose: A natural on stage and a strong vocal. A shoe-in for the top 5.
8. Jena Irene: She takes on 'The Scientist' by Coldplay. She's alright, seems like she yells instead of powering her vocals sometimes. But it was alright.
9. Alex Preston: The New Hampshire native sings John Mayer and plays guitar. Clear vocals and quirky. Not my cup of tea, but he was pretty good.
10. Jessica Meuse: She sings a song called 'The Crow & The Butterfly'. Vocally it is pretty strong. Very dark song for American Idol.
11. Emily Piriz: Sings Pink's 'Glitter In The Air'. Clear, strong vocals, great job!
12. Sam Wolfe: Songs 'Unwell' by Matchbox 20. I call Sam the humble Idol. Solid vocals and he's very commercial. A dark horse to win.
13. Caleb Johnson: Sings 'Pressure In Time'. I never have heard this song, but Caleb looked and sounded like a pro. Caleb can be over-the-top and that might cost him votes. You can't deny the vocal chops!
If I am to guess who will be leaving tonight, I'll go with Kristen O'Connor.
Meanwhile checkout the three country songs from last night's show!