Bangor Named A Best Place To Retire On $30,000 A Year
The AARP has named Bangor as one of the top cities to retire affordably. AARP The Magazine published a list this month of the best places to retire on $30,000 a year. To compile the list, editors considered financial factors such as median home prices and property taxes, as well as lifestyle factors. Here are their top five places to retire on $30,000 a year.
- Daytona/Deltona/Ormond Beach, Florida: Median home price is $108,900, life on the beach!
- Pocatello, Idaho: Median home price is $127,500 with great skiing, hiking, biking, horseback riding and whitewater rafting.
- Bangor,Maine: Great outdoor living with hiking trails and water activities. The median home price is $110,400 and Bangor has a ‘lively’ arts scene.
- Greenville, South Carolina: City living with Southern charm. Median home price is $127,600.
- Grand Rapids, Michigan: Median home price is $114,200. The AARP cites local sports and arts and city living.