Boots N Bulls National Anthem Contest Rules
Boots n Bulls National Anthem Contest Rules
Contestants must enter with the contest form posted on the station’s website at b985.fm.
Online entry is the only way to enter this contest, no other forms of submission will be accepted. The station is not responsible for internet failure, or other inability of entrants to enter due to technical malfunction.
To enter, submit a video of the contestant singing the “Star Spangled Banner” without musical accompaniment, to the contest page on the station’s website. A panel of station judges will select the top qualifiers to go to the finals.
All videos submitted become the property of Townsquare Media and the videos from the top finalists will be posted to the station’s YouTube page.
Entries will be collected from Aug. 25, 2017 to Sept. 10, 2017. After that date, the videos from the finalists will be posted on the station website and audience voting for the winner will run from Sept. 11, 2017 through Sept. 17, 2017.
The entry with the most votes in the audience poll as of 5:00PM, local time, on Sept. 17, 2017 will be named the winner. The decision of the station judges will be final and no votes submitted after that time will be counted.
The winner will get to sing the National Anthem to begin the station’s Boots n Bulls concert and rodeo at the Windsor Fairgrounds on Sept. 23, 2017. The National Anthem will be performed before the start of the rodeo portion of the event and there will be no musical accompaniment for the performance.
The winner will also get a pair of Boots N Bulls tickets for themselves and a guest, those tickets will also include a meet and greet with Confederate Railroad. The winner must be able to perform at the event on the designated date. If the winner is not able to perform at the rodeo at the designated date and time, an alternate prize will not be awarded and station employees reserve the right to select an alternate winner.
Winner must provide their own transportation to and from the event.
If the meet and greet with Confederate Railroad is cancelled, an alternative prize will not be awarded.
In addition to the above specific contest rules, the following standard contest rules also apply to this contest.
The following rules, and specific contest rules, are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 56 Western Avenue, Suite 1, Augusta, ME 04330 and at http://b985.fm.
- Winner must comply with all of the rules of the Contest, including, but not limited to, any restrictions on age and/or residency, and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Contest or claiming the Prize.
- The winner must affirm and represent that he/she is not an employee or agent of the Station or any sponsor of the Contest and is not a member of the same household of any such employee or agent.
- In consideration of the receipt of the Prize, the winner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or other fees, including, but not limited to, any federal state or local income taxes, that are or may become payable as a result of participating in the Contest and/or receipt of the Prize.
- The winner agrees to allow the Station and/or its designees the right to use winner’s name, likeness, portrait, recorded voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Station and/or the products and services of any of its designees.
- The Station is not the manufacturer or distributor of the Prize. With respect to any claims that the winner may now have, or that he/she may subsequently acquire as a result of the possession and/or use of the Prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall look solely to others in the chain of production and distribution of the Prize to the exclusion of the Station and any sponsors of the Contest.
- The station makes no warranties of any kind with respect to the prize, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Station hereby expressly disclaims any and all such warranties.
- The winner expressly releases the station, and any sponsors of the contest, and their respective officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that he/she may have, or may subsequently acquire, as a result of participating in the contest and/or receipt of the prize.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in or win B98.5 contests. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Townsquare Media, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, vendors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- The station is not responsible for telephone system or internet failure, or other inability of entrants to enter due to technical malfunction. This station is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail or for printing errors. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
- Listeners are only eligible to win every 30 days.
- All federal, state and local taxes apply and are the sole responsibility of the winner.