Contact Us
Community

Community - Page 17

Excited man and income tax form
Excited man and income tax form

Tax Day 2016…Tuesday April 19 in You Are a Mainer!

Taxes! Ugh! Normally we are all dreading April 15, but don’t sweat it this year! Here is the deal.

Read More

Photo by Andy Capwell
Photo by Andy Capwell

Pictures From This Weekends Central Maine Strongman

The Augusta Armory was filled with several strong men and women as the Central Maine Strongman competition took place on Saturday. I was there for a few hours and saw a couple of the competitions. There was an overhead log press and something I'm calling the keg run.

Read More

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Remember When Fishing Just Meant Fishing?

My word.  Now, when I hear the term 'fishing', I no longer think of "grabbin yer rod and tackle box" and heading to the nearest pond.  No, now when I think of the term 'fishing', unfortunately phone scammers come to mind.  Then I start humming Tim McGraw's little diddy "Back When"

Read More

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 12.14.08 PM

Andy Capwell Is ‘Training’ For The Central Maine Strongman [VIDEO]

The Central Maine Strongman Competition is coming up this Saturday at the Augusta State Armory and I decide that I am going to give it a try this year. I've been lifting for several years now and it's always something that I wanted to try.

Read More

Driving

Where Are The Longest Stop Lights In Central Maine?

Many traffic lights have modernized to have those sensors where the lights change sooner depending on the traffic. However, there sure does seem to be those traffic lights that just seem to stay red forever!

Read More

Spencer

UPDATE: Augusta Police Respond To Facebook Handicap Parking Controversy 

The Augusta Police have issued a response on their Facebook page regarding a photo that has circulated on Facebook regarding a car with Maine Legislative plates being parked at Hannaford on Whitten Road in Augusta.

Read More

Category: Community, Local News
Townsquare Media Bangor
Townsquare Media Bangor

10 Reasons Mainers Are Tougher Than Everyone Else

As Maine residents, we came up with this list based on our opinions (which are actually facts.) Here are the reasons we think Mainers are tougher than everyone else

Read More

Category: Community, Lists
ThinkstockPhotos-178394913

The Top Ten Family Friendly Neighborhoods In Augusta-Waterville

The website Neighborhood Scout has ranked twenty-two neighborhoods in the Augusta and Waterville area on being 'family friendly'. They used six metrics in their study. There were excellent public schools, safety from crime, owner-occupied single family homes, families with children and adults with college degrees. Let's look at their rankings.

Read More

Google Street View
Google Street View

Augusta’s Hartford Fire Station is in Need of Some Updates

Augusta’s Hartford Fire Station is in need of some updates and it’s going to take money. The 96 year old fire station wants to make sure it is operational for years to come.

Read More

Photo, Spencer Platt, Getty Images
Photo, Spencer Platt, Getty Images

Neighbors Uniting to Address Opiates in Augusta

There is going to be another work shop for the community on an action plan to address the problem of opiates in our area. Wednesday March 30, 2016 at 6pm at Cony! The focus will be working towards action steps to take the community back!

Read More

Category: Community, Local News, News

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://b985.fm using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Stinger's Scoop Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Stinger's Scoop Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.