Contact Us
Community

Community

Getty Images, photo by Massimo Bettiol
Getty Images, photo by Massimo Bettiol

New England Forest Rally This Weekend at Sunday River

This Friday and Saturday, it’s time for the New England Forest Rally, which is headquartered at Sunday River for the 22nd year. The New England Forest Rally is a two-day motor sports rally in Maine and New Hampshire sanctioned by Rally America. The event is run on logging roads where it is dusty and dry, making racing difficult at best.

Read More

John Moore Getty Images
John Moore Getty Images

KVHS Has Many Cats Looking for Their ‘Forever Homes’

There are now more cats in the Augusta area looking for new homes. The Kennebec Valley Humane Society took in 25 new cats this week!   So KVHS is reminding people about the adoption special for adult cats right and asking for donations to help the cats and kittens in the

Read More

Category: Community, Newsletter Tags:
Cow from Nezinscot website

Turner Farm Named ‘Homesteaders of the Year’

Mother Earth News is the magazine giving out the award.  Nezinscot Farm sounds like a great place. According to their website Nezinscot Farm began as the first Organic Dairy in the state of Maine. The owners have expanded to have a gourmet food shop, a cafe and Bakery, a cheese shop, a sausage/meats shop and a fiber shop.

Read More

Getty Images, photo by Chris McGrath
Getty Images, photo by Chris McGrath

There’s an App to Summon Ice Cream Trucks

You always hear ‘there’s an app for that’. Maybe there is 'an app for that', because now there’s a app for smart phones that will summon an ice cream truck. It’s an Uber app that was a special promotion this past Friday that allowed people in 33 cities around the world to get ice cream on-demand. Because it was so h

Matt Cardy, Getty Images
Matt Cardy, Getty Images

Website Focuses on Tracking ‘Speed Traps’

A ‘Speed Trap’ or an ‘Focused Enforcement Detail’, what you call it all depends on how you feel about them. I found this interesting story on News 13.  There is a website,  Speedtrap.org, that is a place

Read More

Category: Community, Newsletter, Opinion Tags:
facebook.com/maine.fieldhockeyassoc
facebook.com/maine.fieldhockeyassoc

Maine High Schools Raise Money with the ‘Battle for Breast Cancer Central Maine Field Hockey Challenge’

The annual 'Battle For Breast Cancer Central Maine Field Hockey Challenge' is (7/19) Friday at Thomas College in Waterville starting at 3:25pm. Money raised will benefit the Martha B. Webber Breast Care Center in Farmington.

Read More

Back to School

I Know it is a Little Over a Month Away, But Back To School Always Comes Too Soon

As I write this is it July 15 and I know most schools start classes in late August. Well, that is about six weeks away.  

Read More

Marathon thumbs up
Photo by Sharon Buck

Sharon Completes PFBF Half Marathon: How Did She Do?

It was a beautiful morning. Perfect day for a half marathon for the Special Olympics of Maine. PFBF has been putting on their 5K and half marathon for the past 3 years and year 4 turned out even BIGGER!

I made sure I had Central Maine's Country B98.5 downloaded on my phone so I could run/jog/walk along the 13.1 mile loop and listen to Retro Country USA, my FAVORITE show on our station.

But how long would I be running?

Read More

New court building

New Kennebec County Superior Court House is Growing Fast

I drive by the site of the new Kennebec County Superior Court House in Augusta almost every day and it is amazing how quickly it is going up.

Read More

from Facebook Page
from Facebook Page

Backyard Farm to Destroy Millions of Pounds of Tomatos

Backyard Farms in Madison decided on a ‘do over' on their tomatoes. There is an infestation of whiteflies in the greenhouses, that brought them to the decision to destroy its entire crop of half-a-million plants and start over.

Read More

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://b985.fm using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on B98.5 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Register on B98.5 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!