Contact Us
Community

Community - Page 22

Facebook/Augusta Police Department
Facebook/Augusta Police Department

Is The Augusta School Department Considering A Time Change?

As a parent who has children that attend the Augusta schools, I was so excited to receive this survey in my email from the school department.  Last week, I mentioned that some changes need to be made to the calendar and also the time of day school starts.  I know I've heard other parents talking about it, which is why I brought the subject up on air.  

Read More

Shiny School Bus
suesmith2

Do You Think Changes Should Be Made To School Schedules To Accommodate Snow Days?

I'm not sure what other schools are doing are doing around the state and in central Maine.  But, I have seen some announcing that they are pulling the Teacher Workshop scheduled for tomorrow.  That is not the case for Augusta, since my kids go there.  But, I agree with the decision other schools have made.

Read More

Electricity Meter
Ingram Publishing

Power Outages In Maine

Maine storms can mean power outages! Click in for the latest from the power companies....

Read More

courtesy of brgr-barr.com
courtesy of brgr-barr.com

New Portland Restaurant Won Me At Adult Milkshake!

New burger restaurant coming to Portland will specializes in amazing burger and adult milkshakes!  The BRGR Bar is currently open in Portsmouth, NH and will be opening soon in Portland.  But they don't serve your traditional burgers and milkshakes.  Check out some of their culinary masterpieces.

Read More

Red-Barn-Cares-

Fund Raiser Set For Local Waterville Couple At The Red Barn Wednesday (March 8)

To say the Red Barn cares would be an understatement. Laura and the crew have raised hundreds of thousands for those in need over the years and have shown no signs of slowing down...

Read More

Penny Savage pours fresh maple syrup into the finishing tank in Bowdoin. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
Penny Savage pours fresh maple syrup into the finishing tank in Bowdoin. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

Remember When Andy & Sarah Got Sappy For Maine Maple Sunday

Lyrics written by the one and only Andy Capwell...sung by Andy and me.  So, in honor of Maine Maple Sunday, which is March 26th...I'm blowing the dust of this gem.  It's a contagious lil diddy.  Also, here are the local farm participating in Maple Sunday.

Read More

Hot keys for news
vaeenma

‘North Pond Hermit’ Book now Available

A man who lived as a hermit in the Maine woods for nearly three decades before being arrested on theft and burglary charges is the subject of a new book.

Read More

Category: Community, Local News, News

Free Tax Help Available This Saturday (March 11) At Lithgow Library In Augusta

Mid April is rapidly approaching and we all know what that means. It is time to get your taxes done.

If you are a bit overwhelmed and can't afford or don't want to pay a tax preparation service, this might be just what you need...

Read More

Walmart Homeless

Do You Agree With Portland’s Solution For Panhandlers?

According to WGME, Portland is trying to come up with a solution to the over abundance of panhandlers around the city.  Which, I have observed over the years getting worse and worse.  Augusta, in my opinion, is having a similar problem.  But, whether or not I agree with this temporary solution remains up in the air.  

Read More

PIA (13)

Reports of Car Hit By 18-Wheeler at Irving on Civic Center Drive.

The radio station has received several reports that there has been a vehicle hit by an 18 wheeler at the Irving on Civic Center Drive in Augusta.

Read More

Category: Community, Local News

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://b985.fm using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Stinger's Scoop Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Stinger's Scoop Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.