Contact Us
Community

Community

Justin Sullivan / Getty Images
Justin Sullivan / Getty Images

Sharon Doesn’t Understand Gas Prices

I don't think anyone does. It is so frustrating!!!

How does it work?

The gas price in Fairfield is $3.58 while in Norway it is $3.34. But just a few miles away in Auburn it is $3.59.

Read More

Fryeburg Fair mugs
Photo by Sharon Buck

Sharon’s First Time at the Fryeburg Fair!

What a BEAUTIFUL day it was yesterday! A perfect one for the very first day of the 162nd Fryeburg Fair to open on yesterday.

And what a fair it is!

You can't see it all in one day. Heck, you can't see it all in a WEEK! I ran into my friends Ricky and Tracy Austin of Norridgewock and Patty and Randy Dicker of Albion. They are both spending the week there in their campers. How lucky are they? But for us, we only had the day so we made the most of it!

Read More

Neilson Barnard, Getty Images
Neilson Barnard, Getty Images

Maine Police Dogs Receiving Bullet-Proof Vests

Some of Maine's four legged public servants will be receiving bullet-proof vests. The vests do the same this for the K-9 officers as they do for the human officers, they help protect the body from  bullets and knife stabs.

Read More

Christopher Furlong, Getty Images

Spectrum Generation Meals on Wheels Wait List Back to Zero!

Best news ever! Spectrum Generations is pleased to announce that our current Meals on Wheels wait list is now at ZERO and they are is reinstating Meals on Wheels deliveries back to two days a week as of the beginning of fiscal year 2014 – October 1, 2013.
They made it happen by making sure everyone was working at peak levels within the program and then extensive fundraising and the generosity of the public.

Read More

http://www.ournewhospital.org/
http://www.ournewhospital.org/

Alfond Center for Heath: Your Radio Tour of This New Facility

Maine General CEO, Chuck Hays came into the studio to give us a ‘radio tour’ of the fancy new hospital. From the beautiful outdoor gardens and walkways (to be used for therapy) to the sofas that fold out into beds so family members can stay with sick loved ones, this place is magnificent! The Alfond Center for Healing is impressive. But you should see if for yourself. You can this afternoon (9/29) from 1-4pm with their open house!

Read More

Franklin County Sheriff to take Taser Hit at Open House

Now that is commitment.  Franklin County Sheriff Scott Nichols will be on the receiving end of a Taser Wednesday night at the Sheriff departments open house. Why? Well there are some very good reasons.

Read More

Mark McMahon
Mark McMahon

B98.5 Hometown Hero – Mark McMahon, EMT of Sidney

A big Bee salute to our latest 'Hometown Hero' powered by the O'Connor Auto Park.

Read More

Sharon's license
Photo by Sharon Buck

Sharon Buck is an Organ Donor…Are You?

Just recently, my band Sharon Buck Dixon Road was playing at Crystal Falls in Chelsea. A pair of our fans came up to us before the show started and said they had to leave and they had a good excuse.

The woman had been contacted by the hospital saying they had a kidney for her.

What an incredible thing to happen!

Read More

Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook

Join B-98.5 This Afternoon At Tobey’s Groceries For A Chance To Win NASCAR Tickets!

Join B-98.5 this evening from 5 to 7 p.m. at Tobey's Groceries on Route 3 in South China. A fundraising event will be going on for one of their employees, Kevin the meat cutter, who is undergoing treatment for cancer.

Read More

Orbs
Photo by Sharon Buck

What Haunted Place Should Sharon Explore Next?

Last year, Chad and I went to the Mill Agent House in Vassalboro to see if we could catch a ghost on camera, or experience anything...and I DID! Something tugged on my hair in the attic and I saw a bright flash of light in the bedroom.

You can see the whole story HERE!

I was FREAKED OUT!

This year, we'd like to explore again!

Read More

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://b985.fm using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on B98.5 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on B98.5 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!