Contact Us
Community

Community - Page 7

Tenpin Bowling-Alley
Getty Images

Bowl-A-Thon For The Ronald McDonald House This Sunday In Hallowell

Many families travel far from home and spend several weeks or months to get treatment for their seriously ill or injured children – a long time to be away or to divide a family...

Read More

Category: Community, Newsletter Tags: ,
Neon
Courtesy of Maine State Police on Facebook

Maine Teen Driver Discovers 146MPH Is Too Fast On I95

Obviously, traveling 146mph, on the interstate in Maine, would prevent you from reading the actual speed limit sign of 70mph.  How can one read a blur as it whips past you at such high speeds?  But one thing driver, Tyler Barrows, was able to see during his high speed travels were blue lights in his rear view mirror.

Read More

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Be Creative With Your Halloween Costumes. Here’s 5 DIY Suggestions

I always prefer the traditional costumes, like a witch, bunny, devil or cat.  But, I also LOVE creative costumes that are put together with simple items around the house.  DIY is becoming a popular trend in our house.  If you are looking for some suggestions, consider these.

Read More

Ben Roy & B98.5's Morning Buzz
Ben Roy & B98.5's Morning Buzz

truTV’s & Maine Native Ben Roy To Perform At Waterville Opera House

You heard him right here, on B98.5, last year promoting his new show 'Those Who Can't' on truTV.  It was an honor having Ben Roy in the studio, not to mention funny.  Season 1 was a huge success and starting October 6 at 10:30pm, Season 2 is set to premiere.  If you haven't see the show, you can season 1 here.

Read More

KVHS Society/Facebook
KVHS Society/Facebook

Paws In The Park And KVHS Adoption Reunion Saturday In Augusta

If you are looking for a fury, forever friend, tomorrow could be your lucky day.

The Kennebec Valley Humane Society presents Paws in the Park and KVHS adoption reunion from 10 AM-2 PM. The event will be held at the Augusta Youth Memorial Park, 22 Armory Street in Augusta near the Buker Community Center.

Read More

Category: Community Tags: ,
Facebook/SierraMiner
Facebook/SierraMiner

UPDATE: Investigators Question If Horse Killed In Canaan Was Dragged By Vehicle

Last week, a horse was killed in Canaan and has remained under investigation by the Maine State Police Dept.  The owner of Lucy reported last week that the horse was tied to a cinder block in the front yard to graze on grass.  It was during that time, the owner said a car drove up onto the yard hitting the horse and ultimately dragging the horse a mile down the road.  As a result, the horse died.  

Read More

https://www.facebook.com/playsdg
https://www.facebook.com/playsdg

National Disc Golf Championship Comes to Sabattus

It all starts tomorrow, Friday, Sept. 23. Sabattus Disc Golf will host The Professional Disc Golf Association's 2016 United States Women's Disc Golf Championship. The event runs through the weekend.

Read More

Pink Ribbon/Facebook
Pink Ribbon/Facebook

Miles Across Maine For Breast Cancer Awareness On For Saturday 9/24 At UMA

There is no hiding from it. We have all been affected by some form of cancer. Be it a family member, a friend, or even personally going through it...

Read More

Sarah & Dr. Bolognese
Sarah & Dr. Bolognese

Sarah Remains Very Open About Her Journey In Order To Spread Chiari Awareness

September is Chiari Awareness month.  It was last year, at this time, that I opened up about my new diagnosis of Chiari Malformation.  While my symptoms, certainly, weren't new to me...the finding was.  My journey continues, but now my daughter joins me.  We head back to NYC on Friday to find out her game plan.  

Read More

Togus-Cemetery

150th Anniversary Celebration at Togus Sept 17th

The VA Medical Center Togus is 150 years old this fall.  They are having a party this Saturday September 17th.   Togus is a cool place with a lot of history...

Read More

Category: Community, Local News

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://b985.fm using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Stinger's Scoop Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Stinger's Scoop Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.