Did Sarah Accomplish Her ‘Very Simple’ 2017 Resolutions?
It's always nice to look back and see if I was able to accomplish the goals I set out for myself for the year. It can also be depressing. 2016 was an epic FAIL in that department. But how did I do for 2017? Let's take a look...
Here's the list I created for 2017:
- I want to swear less. McCoy thinks I have a potty mouth in front of my kids.
- I’d like to start matching my socks
- I’d like to actually fill my gas tank, just once. Rather than $20 at a time.
- Don’t pick my nose in my car
- Eat more bacon
- Stop snoring
- Go to New York
- Fantasize about going to Aruba
- Take more naps
Now, let's break it down and see just how I did...
I want to swear less. Let's just skip this one.
I'd like to start matching my socks. I can say, honestly, that I've been doing this about 50% of the time. Go me.
I'd like to fill my gas tank, just once. Sure. I think I did. I did increase it from $20 to $30 (due to gas prices rising)
Don't pick my nose in my car. Done. I never did this anyway.
Eat more bacon. Done. I've created more meals that require bacon as an ingredient.
Stop snoring. ROTFLMAO. In fact, it's gotten worse. I need to get that checked.
Go to New York. Well, that was easy. I went 5 times.
Fantasize about going to Aruba. Done. I do this everyday.
Take more naps. Done. Didn't think it was possible...but it was.
Not too shabby. Trick is to keep your goals attainable. So, now that 2K18 is quickly approaching...here's my new resolutions for the upcoming year:
- Have a date night, at least, once a month with hubby
- Start taking Yoga
- Start a savings account (believe it or not...we don't have one)
- Stop and think before I speak.
- Forgive quicker
- Less phone time.
- Prepare for my 40's
2018 is my final year in the my 30's. These have been, by far, the hardest 10 years of my life. A lot of lessons learned. I'm very excited to turn 40 in 2019. I can't wait to share it with you.