With the number of homes in central Maine without power still on the rise, many emergency and warming shelters are opening up to those without power.Here are some shelters in the area:
- The Helen Thompson Elementary School in West Gardiner has a warming shelter open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Winthrop Ambulance has a warming shelter open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monmouth has a warming shelter at 775 Main Street which will be open until further notice.
- Sabattus has a warming shelter at the town office.
- In Waldo County, three shelters are open. Troy Middle School in Belfast, that's an emergency shelter and pet shelter. Varney Community Center in Brooks has a warming shelter and the Stockton Springs Town Office has a warming center.