Former Patriot Aaron Hernandez Indicted On Additional Murder Charges
Former New England Patriots’ star Aaron Hernandez is facing additional murder charges after being indicted in connection with a 2012 double homicide in Boston.According to the Associated Press, Boston police spokeswoman Neva Coakley confirmed the indictment Thursday. Hernandez is already being held without bail after pleading not guilty to murder in the unrelated death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd last year.
In the 2012 case, victims Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado were shot as they sat in a car in Boston’s South End. Police have said they were shot by someone who drove up alongside in an SUV and opened fire.
The Associated Press said Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley said at a news conference Thursday announcing that Hernandez has been indicted that the victims were “ambushed and executed” as they drove home and that Hernandez was the gunman.
Conley says Hernandez and the victims had had an encounter in a club that night.
Boston police have written in an affidavit there is probable cause to believe Hernandez was driving a vehicle used in the shooting and “may have been the shooter.”
The Associated Press said Hernandez’s lawyers did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.