Machias 250th Birthday Celebration!
The pristine Maine coastal town of Machias will be celebrating its 250th birthday starting this Friday, with a week-long celebration planned. All of the events are family-friendly and free!The window painting contest downtown will kick-off the week long celebration this Friday afternoon at 3 p.m.
Here’s what else is going on!
Saturday, June 15
- Paint Machias Day
- Pancake Breakfast at American Legion Post #9
- Huge Parade starting at 9 with 13 bands!
- Margaretta Day Festival & Craft Fair from 10 to 3
Sunday, June 16th
- Concert of Choirs with the Washington County Children’s Choir at 1pm
Monday, June 17th
- Bus Tour of Washington County historical sites by the Machias Historical Society
- Softball game at 6pm between Machias town employees and Machias taxpayers
Tuesday, June 18th
- Night of Music, an open air concert at Station 1898 from 5-10 p.m.
Wednesday, June 19th
- Children’s Day with games, races, events at UNM Athletic Fields.
Thursday, June 20th
- Mustache Contest! Cooking Contest at 6 p.m.
Friday, June 21st
- Birthday Party at 5:30 p.m. in Bad Little Falls Park, bring supper and a blanket. Strolling musicians and entertainment, fireworks at dusk!