Remember Sarah’s Resolutions For 2016? Did She Do Them?
Boy, time seriously flies by. On this day, last year...I sat down and contemplated what my goals would be for 2016. Easy enough. Today, I find myself going back through them. Which ones did I stick to? Which ones did I fail at? What's my plan for 2017?
First...let's look at last year's resolutions:
- I want to get organized.
- I want to be more forgiving. Holding onto anger seems to only effect me vs the person I’m angry at. So by offering forgiveness, I’m releasing a prisoner…which is me.
- I want to challenge myself. Which I will need to do during recovery. I can’t succumb to the pain, but push through it and get better.
- I want to try new things. I did this a lot this past year and I just want to continue that mentality. It really has helped me break through my anxiety.
- Start a memory jar. I saw this on pinterest and love the idea of it.
- I want to listen more
- Less Social Media
Oh WOW!! Now let's pick each one apart and see where I went wrong...
- I want to get organized. - NEVER even tackled this one. In fact, I think I became LESS organized in 2016.
- I want to be more forgiving. - Hhhmmm...I think I'm about 50% there...but it's sooooo boring!
- I want to challenge myself. - DONE! Nailed it! I had more challenges in 2016 and I think I handled them all pretty darn well, if I do say so myself.
- I want to try new things. - This one is ify. I should have been more specific
- Start a memory jar.- Who was I kidding?? It was a good suggestion though.
- I want to listen more - Huh?
- Less Social Media - That's HYSTERICAL!! How'd that work for ya, Sarah!?!
So, now I'm sitting here trying to decide what my resolutions will be 2017. Maybe I need easier goals. Something more attainable. Let's see...
- I want to swear less. McCoy thinks I have a potty mouth in front of my kids.
- I'd like to start matching my socks
- I'd like to actually fill my gas tank, just once. Rather than $20 at a time.
- Don't pick my nose in my car
- Eat more bacon
- Stop snoring
- Go to New York
- Fantasize about going to Aruba
- Take more naps
Fingers crossed. I think this is a list I can handle. Check back in a year from now...we'll see how successful I am.