Study Reveals Pets Are Causing a Mind-Blowing $3 Billion in Damage to Our Electronic Devices
Humans aren’t the only ones who can’t wait to get their paws on the latest technological wonders.
A new study by SquareTrade reveals pets in American households have damaged more than eight million gadgets to the tune of $3 billion in repairs and replacement fees.Our little furry friends especially like smartphones – they’re the most frequent target, resulting in one-third of all broken devices.
Even worse is the fact that 75% of all units that get messed up are not insured, which means owners are shelling out even more to get them to their pre-Fido destroyed condition.
Here are some other facts you may want to keep in mind the next time you go shopping for a new tablet or mull over splurging on the newest iPhone:
- Two-thirds of all accidents are the result of an animal putting a gadget in their mouth
- 21% of accidents take place while the owner used the item
- Roughly one-in-six cat and dog owners claim their animals have thrown up on their contraptions or, worse, used it as a toilet
- Male pets are 50% more likely to wreak havoc on your merchandise than a female
- 17% of pet owners say their animals intentionally ruined a device because they were mad at their owner
- It might be time to bust out the diet food because overweight pets are 72% more likely to cause damage than those whose weight are normal