Ten Maine Fun Facts!
I have lived in Maine almost all of my life, we moved to Florida for seven months when I was ten years old and I lived in Massachusetts while going to radio school. I’d like to think I know a lot about the Pine Tree State, here are some Maine Fun Facts.
1. Actor Judd Nelson, ‘The Breakfast Club’ was born in Portland.
2. You can be charged for leaving your Christmas decorations up past January 14th.
3. The estimated moose population in Maine for the 2013-2014 winter was 76,000.
4. It’s against Maine law to step out of a plane while it is in flight.
5. Milton Bradley was born in Vienna, Maine.
6. 90 percent of the country’s toothpicks are produced in Maine.
7. The residents of Bryant Pond were the last in the country to use hand-cranked telephones.
8. Maine is the only state with a one-syllable name.
9. Maine is the largest producer of blueberries in the country, with Cherryfield being known as the Blueberry Capitol of the World!
10. Rockport, Maine is known to be the birthplace of the doughnut hole.