The Top Ten Best-Selling Infomercial Products
We’ve all seen them late at night on television, and now with hundreds of channels needing to fill hours of programming, we see them anytime of day. The infomercial! Millions of Americans have picked up their phones to order a product from an infomercial. Here’s a list of the 10 best selling products. See if you bought one of these.1. Proactive: The acne and skin care product has an annual revenue of $1 billion! This makes Proactive the number one selling infomercial product of all time!
2.P90X: P90X trainer Tony Horton, the incredibly in-shape 54-year old, and developer of the P90X program has annual sales of $400 million dollars. I’ve been tempted to call and order this one!
3 The Total Gym: Another exercise product. This one is endorsed by Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley. The machine offers 80 exercises with one machine! It also doubles as a coat rack.
4. The George Foreman Grill: Who hasn’t at least thought of buying one? Introduced in 1994 and with an annual revenue of $202, many have bought one! George Foreman cashed in by selling his name for the product in 1999, earning $137.5 million.
5. Bowflex: Another exercise product in the top ten! Over 2.5 million Bowflex’s have been sold since 1986. Bowflex has more competition these days but is still very viable with annual sales of $193.9 million.
6. Showtime Rotisserie: It launched the catch phrase ‘set it and forget it’. This Ronco product was invented by Ron Popiel and more than 2.5 million of these have been sold with total sales of 1.2 billion.
7. The PED EGG: It’s the nation’s number one selling callus remover! Scrubbing dead skin and removing calluses has led to total sales of $450 million and more than 40 million sold!
8. The Snuggie: I really want one and now the Snuggie is available just about everywhere! The blanket with sleeves was actually first launched as the ‘freedom blanket’ and then the ‘slanket’ but it wasn’t until it was marketed as the snuggie that it started to sell. More than 20 million have been sold with $400 million dollars in sales.
9. Sweatin’ To The Oldies: Richard Simmons made these series of tapes and dvd’s for people to sweat it off at home! More than 20 million have been sold with sales of over $200 million dollars.
10. The Thighmaster: Suzanne Somers made this popular with infomercials in the 1990’s. It was one of those products that you could use while watching television. The Thighmaster has had total sales of over $100 million dollars.
What infomercial products have you bought or at least wanted to try?
Subscribe to B98.5 on