Worst Television Spinoffs
CBS is looking at spinning off the series 'How I Met Your Mother', which is ending this season, with 'How I Met Your Father'. That got me thinking of some of the worst television spin-offs ever made, feel free to add to my list.
1. Joey - The spin-off of the massive NBC hit show 'Friends' fell flat as Matt Le Blanc went out to Los Angeles to pursue his acting career. The premise, the supporting cast just never gelled. The show ended up getting cancelled in it's second seson.
2. Three's A Crowd - This show started once 'Three's Company' ended in 1984. It followed Jack Tripper (John Ritter) and his love interest Vicki, who was introduced the final season of 'Three's Company'. 'Three's Company' also spun-off 'The Roper's' in 1979. The season lasted 22 episodes.
3. The Golden Palace - The show was a spin-off of 'The Golden Girls' and was partly created due to the departure of Bea Arthur leaving 'The Golden Girls' after seven seasons on NBC. The show followed Blanche, Rose and Sophia as they become owners of a Miami hotel, the Golden Palace. The show moved to CBS and lasted 24 episodes.
4. The Brady Brides - The show featured two of the Brady Girls, Maureen McComick (Marsha) and Eve Plumb (Jan) as they married their sweethearts and lived together, think 'the Odd Couple'. The show debuted in 1981, seven years after 'the Brady Bunch' ended. The show only lasted 10 episodes.
5. Saved By The Bell: The College Years - Zack, Screech, Slater and Kelly all end up going to the same college, add a few new characters and a more adult series and it added up as a epic fail. The show lasted 19 episodes and ended with Zack and Kelly eloping to Las Vegas. They wrapped everything up with a television movie called 'Saved By The Bell: Wedding In Las Vegas'.
What spin-off failures would you add to the list?