B98.5's Next Big Thing Rules
- Entries to be considered to participate in the live ‘B98.5's Next Big Thing’ event scheduled for June 29,2019 are to be submitted between 5/17/2019 through a date to be determined by station.
- Entries must be either a YouTube video audition from the entrant’s own YouTube link or via an mp3 upload on our website contest page at b985.fm.
- The ‘B98.5's Next Big Thing’ live finals will be limited to no more than 20 contestants. All entries will become the property of Townsquare Media. If more than 20 entries are received, a panel of station judges will determine the entries.
- Judge’s decisions are final.
- B98.5's Next Big Thing will be live at Mill Park in Augusta from on June 29, 2019. Prizes (TBD) will be awarded for first, second and third place.
In addition to these rules specific to the 'B98.5's Next Big Thing’ contest, the normal Townsquare Media contest rules also apply.
The following rules, and specific contest rules, are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 56 Western Avenue, Suite 1, Augusta, ME 04330 and at http://b985.fm.
- Winner must comply with all of the rules of the Contest, including, but not limited to, any restrictions on age and/or residency, and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Contest or claiming the Prize.
- The winner must affirm and represent that he/she is not an employee or agent of the Station or any sponsor of the Contest and is not a member of the same household of any such employee or agent.
- In consideration of the receipt of the Prize, the winner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or other fees, including, but not limited to, any federal state or local income taxes, that are or may become payable as a result of participating in the Contest and/or receipt of the Prize.
- The winner agrees to allow the Station and/or its designees the right to use winner’s name, likeness, portrait, recorded voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Station and/or the products and services of any of its designees.
- The Station is not the manufacturer or distributor of the Prize. With respect to any claims that the winner may now have, or that he/she may subsequently acquire as a result of the possession and/or use of the Prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall look solely to others in the chain of production and distribution of the Prize to the exclusion of the Station and any sponsors of the Contest.
- The station makes no warranties of any kind with respect to the prize, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Station hereby expressly disclaims any and all such warranties.
- The winner expressly releases the station, and any sponsors of the contest, and their respective officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that he/she may have, or may subsequently acquire, as a result of participating in the contest and/or receipt of the prize.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in or win B98.5 contests. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Townsquare Media, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, vendors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- The station is not responsible for telephone system or internet failure, or other inability of entrants to enter due to technical malfunction. This station is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail or for printing errors. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
- Listeners are only eligible to win every 30 days.
- All federal, state and local taxes apply and are the sole responsibility of the winner.