Contact Us
Community

Community - Page 19

Photo By: Renee Nelson
Photo By: Renee Nelson

Togus VA Rings In 150th Anniversary This November

Togus VA in Chelsea, Maine is celebrating its 150th anniversary come November! Togus has not only been around for 150 years, but was actually the nation's first Veterans Home ever established...

Read More

Photo By: Jen Stanley
Photo By: Jen Stanley

The History Behind The Statues Of Augusta

I've been a resident of Sidney, Maine my whole life and strangely enough I've never once noticed statues in Augusta. Whether I was determined to get where I was going or the rotary always seemed too complicated to not focus all of my effort on, I never noticed memorials and monuments directly next to it. Along with the monuments at the rotary, I was told there are a couple outside of the museum as well. I figured I should brush up on my history and take a visit to find out what these works of art were all about.

Read More

Skowhegan River Fest Facebook
Skowhegan River Fest Facebook

Skowhegan Annual River Fest Continues Throughout The Week

You don't want to miss this! Starting next Tuesday, August 2nd, the annual Riverfest Celebration begins again! The event will run from Tuesday to Sunday, August 7th...

Read More

Lobster1

Maine Lobster Festival in Rockland is HERE!

Maine Lobster Festival is getting started in Rockland on Wednesday. The event will last until Sunday and will be based around eating Maine's signature summertime seafood treat.

Read More

Front
Courtesy of Sprague & Curtis Real Estate

Fairytale House For Sale In Augusta Is Like Something Out Of A Storybook

Have you always dreamed of a big 8,000 sqft house with 4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms sitting on a gorgeous well manicured 7 acres of land?  In your dream, did this house include a 7 (SEVEN) car garage?  How about in indoor pool?  Well, your dreams are about to come true!!  The house of your dreams is for sale in Augusta!

Read More

1064-308493-1756

Police With Squirt Guns Have Fun With Kids!

Another police incident of officers open firing in a public area.  However, it's not what you think.  With temperatures reaching over 100 degrees in Illinois, police officers helped kiddos cool off with water gun fights.  You've really got to hand it to these officers.  They certainly have a great sense of humor!

Read More

Mainely escapes pic
Morning Buzz inside Mainely Escapes

Sarah Inside Mainely Escapes (Shhhhhhhhhh)

Yesterday, McCoy & I went inside a locked room, with a group of B98.5 listeners, at Mainely Escapes in Waterville.  We had 60 minutes to free ourselves from the locked space.  We had to work together and my only reaction is 'Wow....just wow'.  Clever!  I recommend this to anyone.

Read More

Maine on the Map
Getty Images

Maine Wildlife Officials Warn of Online Hunting Permit Fraud

Maine wildlife officials are asking residents to be aware of phony websites that lure customers into phishing scams with false promises of hunting licenses.

Read More

Category: Community, Local News, News
ray.ewing via Instagram
ray.ewing via Instagram

Do You Know About These Shocking Things That Happened In Maine?

These are some really crazy facts, according to onlyinyourstate.com, that took place right here in Vacationland.  I had no idea about any of them.  'They' say it's good to learn at least one new thing a day...well, how about 10 new things!  Wow...just...Wow!

Read More

Boots anthem

Vote Now To See Who Sings The National Anthem At Boots N Bulls!

We've narrowed it down to the top 5, and now it's up to you to decide who gets to sing the National Anthem before the Boots N Bulls rodeo at the Topsham Fairgrounds on Sept. 17!

Read More

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://b985.fm using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Stinger's Scoop Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Stinger's Scoop Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.