Community

S–T Happens! A Dyer Rant About The New Amish Community
I need to say first and foremost...I welcome anyone who wants to come to Maine.  Anyone should have the opportunity to explore their horizon, raise their family where they wish.  If you live in the Windsor, Whitefield, Jefferson area...you have seen that there is a new small community of A…
This Week’s Edition Of Missed Connections
This week, not many people in the Central Maine are in search of the lost connection.  Did you walk by someone and make eye contact, then wished you had asked for their number?  Were you chatting a laundry matt and though you should ask that person out?  That's how Missed Connect…
The Red Barn In Augusta Reaches Out To Hospice Patients
The Red Barn Restaurant in Augusta is well known as one of the best places around to get delicious fried chicken, seafood and lobster stew. But the food is secondary to what they have done for our community with friends and neighbors benefiting from their tireless efforts to raise money for people i…
UPDATE: KVHS Pet Of The Week – Oggy Is Adopted!!
Every week, we post a special dog or cat, or even ferret, that is up for adoption at the Kennebec Valley Humane Society in Augusta.  Rarely, do we get to hear if the pet found their furever home.  Well, today was a special day.
Summer’s Here, Watch For Cycles
In case you hadn't noticed, the unofficial start to summer has come and gone. You may have not realized this, since temps still dip back into the 40's, and heaters and blankets still haven't been packed away for the um, summer.
This Week’s Edition Of Missed Connections
From coffee drinkin women to hunky toll plaza guys...this week's edition of Missed Connections is sure not lacking in entertainment.  But, I'm really starting to get concerned about the girl who works at the Manchester Rite Aid...there are always a lot of request for her.

Load More Articles