Most Famous Lines in Movies History
The new Captain America is opening this weekend and is expected to be a box office smash pulling in $90 million for its opening weekend. While thinking of movies I remembered reading last week the #40 greatest lines in a movie was from Forest Gump.
‘My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get’. I wondered what where the top lines in movies, so here they are:
6. ‘Go ahead, Make my day’. Clint Eastwood said this line in Sudden Impact.
5. ‘Here’s looking at you kid’. This was a famous line by Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca.
4. ‘Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore’. Judy Garland said this line in the 1939 film Wizard of Oz.
3. ‘You don’t understand! I coulda been a contender. I could’ve been somebody, instead I’m a bum, which is what I am’. Famous words said by Marlon Brando in On the Waterfront.
2. ‘I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse’. This is from the original Godfather movie, giving Marlon Brando two of the top five movie lines of all time.
1. ‘Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn’. A very controversial line from 1939 when swearing in the movies was not at all commonplace. Clark Gable as Rhett Butler said that line to Scarlett O’Hare as the last line in the movie.