Owner and Trainer Beleive Westminster Dog Show Dog, Poisoned
Barely a week after appearing in the Westminster dog show, a 3year old Samoyed named Cruz, died at a dog show in Colorado. The owner of Cruz, Lynette Blue and trainer Robert Chaffin, believe the dog was poisoned during the Westminster show and died a week later.
The dog was rushed to the vet when he began throwing-up blood and veterinarian Molly Comiskey listed rat poison as a possible cause. Both the owner and trainer declined a necropsy or any other testing, so the complete truth will never be known. The Westminster Kennel Club doesn’t go along with the poison theory, stating that no other dogs fell ill.
Although Cruz didn’t place in the Westminster show, he was named Best in Breed in shows in Louisiana and California and won Best in Show in Mississippi this year.