Stay Safe on the Water This Summer [SPONSORED POST]
Summer time is boating time!
Before heading out on the waters of Maine this summer, it would pay to review some basic safety tips because, no matter what level of experience you have on the water, it is always a very good idea to review boating safety rules with everyone on the boat to make sure you all have a fun and safe time!
With that in mind, here are some boating safety tips from Nadeau’s Marine in Litchfield.
- Be weather-wise-check a forecast before you leave the dock.
- Follow a pre–departure checklist
- Use common sense on the water
- Designate an assistant skipper
- Develop a float plan
- Make proper use of lifejackets
- Avoid alcohol
- Learn to swim
- Take a boating course
- Consider a free vessel safety check
This post is brought to you by Nadeau’s Marine, let Nadeau’s Marine help you be a good steward of our Maine waters. Visit them at www.nadeausmarine.com , or call 588-2422.