Bee Boat Giveaway Rules
5/2/16 to 6/18/16
1. The Morning Buzz will announce the Bee Boat ‘Song of the Day’ and announce what hour during the day that the song will be played. We have 60 qualifiers over 6 weeks. Once the song starts, we will take callers 9 and 8 to qualify.
2. There will also be 38 ‘second chance’ qualifiers randomly selected from entries on the station’s website at b985.fm
3. The deadline for on-air and online entries is June 13, 2016
4. Proxies will be allowed. The qualifier will have to come to the radio station by June 17, 2016 to fill out the proxy paperwork.
5. The 98 qualifiers (or their proxies) will meet at a live broadcast scheduled to be held at Nadeau’s Marine, 1145 Lewiston Road in Litchfield on June 18, 2016. The live broadcast will be held from 10AM-1PM, rain or shine.
7. Qualifiers or their proxies will register from 10:30AM-11:30AM at Nadeau’s Marine. The order that they register will be the order of their choice of ducks. At the time of registration, qualifiers or their proxies will sign a waiver stating they have read the contest rules and understand them. Qualifiers who arrive after 11:30AM will not be allowed to select a duck.
8. During the designated registration time at the live broadcast, qualifiers or their proxies will sign in at a registration table and after that, they will select a rubber duck from a pool. Each duck in the pool will be marked with a number from one (1) to ninety-eight (98). Once a qualifier, or their proxy, selects a duck, that selection is final. No exchanges or swapping with other qualifiers will be allowed.
9. We will also have corresponding numbered ping pong balls that will be randomly selected by a Nadeau’s Marine representative. Beginning at 11:45AM, the representative will pull five balls at a time, eliminating those numbers from the contest. The elimination drawings will continue until just one numbered ping pong ball is left. The qualifier or their proxy holding the duck matching the final remaining number will be the grand prize winner. The grand prize is a 14-foot Smokercraft Voyerage Deep v, Tohatsu 9.8 4-stroke long shaft and a Karavan galvanized kbe 1250-40 trailer, prize package valued at $6,509.00)
10. Winner will be responsible for all taxes. The winner will be required to fill out all tax paperwork at the live broadcast.
11. The winner (or their assigned proxy) must be present at the live remote to win the boat.
In addition to the above rules, the following standard contest rules will apply:
The following rules, and specific contest rules, are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 56 Western Avenue, Suite 1, Augusta, ME 04330 and at http://b985.fm.
1. Winner must comply with all of the rules of the Contest, including, but not limited to, any restrictions on age and/or residency, and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Contest or claiming the Prize.
2. The winner must affirm and represent that he/she is not an employee or agent of the Station or any sponsor of the Contest and is not a member of the same household of any such employee or agent.
3. In consideration of the receipt of the Prize, the winner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or other fees, including, but not limited to, any federal state or local income taxes, that are or may become payable as a result of participating in the Contest and/or receipt of the Prize.
4. The winner agrees to allow the Station and/or its designees the right to use winner’s name, likeness, portrait, recorded voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Station and/or the products and services of any of its designees.
5. The Station is not the manufacturer or distributor of the Prize. With respect to any claims that the winner may now have, or that he/she may subsequently acquire as a result of the possession and/or use of the Prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall look solely to others in the chain of production and distribution of the Prize to the exclusion of the Station and any sponsors of the Contest.
6. The station makes no warranties of any kind with respect to the prize, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Station hereby expressly disclaims any and all such warranties.
7. The winner expressly releases the station, and any sponsors of the contest, and their respective officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that he/she may have, or may subsequently acquire, as a result of participating in the contest and/or receipt of the prize.
8. No purchase is necessary to participate in or win B98.5 contests. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
9. Employees of Townsquare Media, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, vendors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
10. The station is not responsible for telephone system or internet failure, or other inability of entrants to enter due to technical malfunction. This station is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail or for printing errors. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
11. Listeners are only eligible to win every 30 days.
12. All federal, state and local taxes apply and are the sole responsibility of the winner.