December’s Moon Turns Full On 12/12 at 12:12
We have a full moon coming up this week and it is December’s Cold Moon on December 12th, yes that is 12/12, at 12:12 a.m. eastern…that is US!
So that is a lot of 12s.
Is has to mean something…right?
Of course the Farmers’ Almanac (the one with the green and orange cover) and in Lewiston has the answers. Here is what the Farmers' Almanac sent me:
According to numerology, the number 12 has some interesting meanings, and symbolizes completion. According to NumerolgySecrets.net:
“The number 12 is at the very end of the numerology spectrum, and it offers those who see it in their daily life the opportunity to … wrap up a certain life stage and situation before moving forward to bigger and better things. This number is like a curtain call that allows you to get your affairs together so you can benefit from the windfall that the universe is about to bestow on you.”
In Chinese numerology, 12 represents the harmony of the yin and yang: The number 1 is a yang number, ruled by the Sun and symbolizes independence and individualism. The number 2 is a yin number ruled by the Moon and represents symmetry and balance. Together they equal harmony. Which is why many couples choose to marry on dates with 12s in them.
For math nerds, the number 12 is considered a sublime number, one “that has a perfect number of divisors, and the sum of its divisors is also a perfect number.”
The Farmers’ Almanac when on to point out more 12s in our lives…in fact they did 12 of them.
- The “Twelve Days of Christmas,” start on December 25 and runs through January 5th.
- Twelve is associated with the heavens—12 months and 12 zodiac signs.
- It’s a number widely used in the Bible—the number of apostles, the Tribes of Israel, etc.; In the book of Revelations, there are 12 gates and 12 angels.
- The number of hours on a clock face is 12.
- Twelve is the number of members on a jury.
- There are 12 stages of life in Buddhism.
- The Ancient Greeks worshiped 12 major gods of Olympus.
- Eggs come in packs of 12.
- The average human has 12 ribs.
- The number of inches in a foot is 12.
- There were 12 Knights of King Arthur’s Round Table.
- We go through 12 grades in school.
And our full moon on 12/12 at 12/12a.m. is followed by the ever spooky Friday the 13th.