According to Central Maine, a fire quickly spread to the dry leaves beneath a garage on Sunday in Wilton, ultimately setting the garage floor on fire. As the article states, about 15 firefighters from Wilton/Farmington promptly responded to the house on Terrace Drive in Wilton.

This happened because an innocent attempt to cook mud pies and it turned into a bit of a fiery mishap. The resulting in a fire in a detached garage. The garage is located about a 100 feet away from the main house.

The assistant fire chief at Wilton Fire Rescue reported that there were no injuries, except for the garage floor being burned. The garage is insured.

The Ellis emphasized that the young boy learned a valuable lesson from the incident.

To ensure proper follow-up, a representative from the Maine Forest Service will be in contact with the family.

Lewiston Trampoline Park Bounces Back with Epic Renovations

This local trampoline park has bounced back in fashion with incredible renovations that are sure to make your kids go wild! 

Eight Maine Cities You Can Hear Ed Sheeran's New Album 'Subtract' Before it Drops

The listening parties happen on Wednesday, May 3 before the album drops on Friday, May 5!

More From B98.5