Memorial Day Parades – May 25, 2015
All events are on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25, unless specified.
- Augusta: Maine Veterans Memorial Cemetery, Civic Center Drive, Augusta at 12:00 noon; Flag raising ceremony at the Flag Circle. Ceremony at Maine Veterans’ Memorial Cemetery, 163 Mt. Vernon Road, Augusta, 2:00 pm.
- Brunswick/Topsham: Parade begins at Monument Place in Topsham. 8:45 am, Observance begins at Monument Place. 9:00 am, Antique cars leave and Parade starts to Brunswick. 9:30 am, Observance on the bridge. 9:45 am, Decorated Bikes enter parade. 11:00 am Parade ends and the Brunswick Observance begins.
- Damariscotta: Parade begins at 11 am at The Lincoln County News parking lot on Route 215.
- Durham: Parade begins at 10 am at Davis Road and runs south on Royalsborough Road to the back entrance of the Durham Community School.
- Dresden: Ceremony with observance at 11 am at the flag pole on the parade ground of the Pownalborough Court House.
- Fairfield: Parade begins at 11 am at the Community Center and proceeds on Main Street, travels down Western Avenue and ends at Maplewood Cemetery.
- Freeport: Parade beings at 9:30 am at Freeport High School and ends at the town park.
- Hallowell: Parade will form between 9:15 am and 9:30 am in front of the American Legion Post Hall, Second Street.
- Lewiston: Parade begins at 9:30 am on Saturday, May 30 at Kennedy Park.
- Madison/Anson: Parade is planned for 10 am will begin at 9 am at Garret Schenck School in Anson. A ceremony will be held at Anson Veterans’ Monument and Madison Library.
- Monmouth: Memorial service and ceremony at 9:30 am at the North Monmouth War Monument. Parade begins at 10:30 am at Cumston Hall and proceeds down Main Street to the museum, then back to the Veterans’ Memorial Monument where another memorial ceremony will be held. There will be no North Monmouth parade.
- Norridgewock: Parade begins at 9 am starting from Osoola Park. Parade participants will proceed to Veterans Memorial for a short program.
- Sidney: Parade will begin at 10 am at the Transfer Station, and proceed to Middle Road to the Town Office.
- Waterville: Parade at 10 am is from the Head of Falls to Front Street, to Main Street, to Appleton Street, crossing Elm Street to Park Street and ending at Veterans’ Memorial Park where Mayor Isgro and other local leaders will speak.
- Wayne: Ceremony begins at 11 am in the parking lot of Wayne Community Church.
If you have information about other ceremonies or parades, please let us know here and we will add it to our list.