Turkey Fryer Mishap Causes Maine House Fire
Many Thanksgiving dinner connoisseurs will tell you the best way to cook a turkey is to deep fry it. What seems to have originally started as a southern thing has quickly gained popularity around the country in the last few decades.
Sadly, if it is not done correctly, this method of cooking can be dangerous.
Some homeowners found this out the hard way.
According to WMTW, Firefighters were called to Gilman Road on Thanksgiving night for a house fire. When they arrived on the scene they found the house's porch on fire. The fire was started by a turkey fryer that had been setup on the porch.
While there was significant damage to the porch and the house's siding, the fire did not make its way inside.
By the time the firefighters arrived, the homeowners had put most of the fire out.
Fortunately, no one was injured in the incident.
It is another reminder of why you need to be extra cautious when using a deep fryer to cook a turkey. One of the most important things you can do is making sure that the fryer is setup a distance from the house and other buildings.
Have you downloaded our FREE app? You can use it to stream the station from nearly anywhere, send messages to the DJs, and participate in exclusive contests. Plus, if you leave the ALERTS turned on, we'll send you breaking local news, reminders about contests, and more right to your phone. The best way to get the app is to enter your phone number in the box below and we'll text you the download link.