Andy Capwell’s ‘American Idol’ Top 9 Review and Predictions
The American Idol Top Nine take on the Fab Four. It’s songs of the Beatles on American Idol, this could either be very good or a train wreck! Before the Top Nine perform, Ryan Seacrest announces the AT&T America’s save choice between Charlie Askew and Aubrey Cleland, in my opinion, America got it right with Aubrey joining the Idol’s summer top. Now to recap the night and my predictions.1. Kree Harrison – ‘Help From My Friends’ Kree looks great and sounds just as good. She showed power and soul and very good stage presence. Why hasn’t this young lady been signed in Nashville yet? 9.5 out of 10
2. Brunnel Taylor – ‘Let It Be’ He says he doesn’t know the song, WHAT?! He does a decent job with a sweet tone, but he seems to strain when he reach for the power notes. 6.5 out of 10
3. Amber Holcomb – ‘She’s Leaving Home’ We find out that this is Keith Urban’s favorite Beatles song. I think Amber has star quality written all over her, she’s has a great voice and last night she showed a more serious side. I thought it was very good, the judges didn’t seem to care for it. 9 out of 10.
4. Lazaro Arbos – ‘In My Life’ It seems like the pressure is getting to Lazaro. The performance was really horrific. He was lifeless, nervous, off-key and just plain bad. The judges, except for Randy, danced around how bad he was. 2 out of 10.
5. Candice Glover – ‘Come Together’ She rocked it. Power with a cool R & B, rock vibe to it. The judges all loved it as well. 9 out of 10.
6. Paul Jolley – ‘Eleanor Rigby’ I thought Paul was clear, controlled and sang the song well. Then the judges tore him apart! Nicki saying it was boring. I think he’s in trouble 8 out of 10.
7. Angie Miller – ‘Yesterday’ I am not sure but I think she missed the start of the song, anyway, she started soft with the song and it was alright, then she went for it and she hit those big notes. I like Angie, but I thought it was as if Glee did the Beatles. 8.5 out of 10
8. Devin Velez – ‘The Long & Winding Road’ – Devin has a great, pure tone. He was doing well but for my liking, he threw in too many runs and he stains to hit the big notes. 7.5 out of 10.
9. Janelle Arthur – ‘I Will’ I most admit, I didn’t know this song. It came across as sweet and honest. Her voice wrapped around the lyrics and produced a great moment. I thought this was her best performance so far. 9.5 out of 10.
My bottom three would be: Lazaro, Burnell, Devin with Lazaro leaving.
My prediction of the bottom three: Paul, Amber, Burnell … with Paul leaving … maybe Burnell, no I’ll stick with Paul leaving.
Who did you like? Who did you vote for?