Question Of The Day: Do You Still Have a Landline Phone?
A new survey shows that 41% of American households use only cell phones. That’s twice the rate from just five years ago. That’s from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, they have been tracking phone use for the past decade.
Some interesting research from that CDC study:
- 3% of American Households have no landline or cell phone
- 48% of households have both, 9% have only landlines.
- 14% of people 65 and older use only cell phones.
- Men are slightly more likely than women to use only cell phones.
- The Midwest is the most wireless region: Nearly 44% live in cell phone-only homes. The Northeast, 25% live in cell phone-only households.
That leads us to our ‘Question of the Day’: Does your household still use a landline phone?