Top Country Breakup Songs
Summer romances, especially when you are a teenager, can end when the season does and teens move on to college, the military or whatever they ended up doing. Sometimes a country breakup song can be spiteful, sad, or somewhere in between. What makes for a great country breakup song is the emotion put into the lyrics. Here’s a list of some of my favorite country breakup songs.
1. ‘How Do You Like Me Now?’ – Toby Keith The song was #1 for 5 weeks in early 2000. What makes this a great breakup song is that everyone has someone in mind for this song!
2. ‘Kiss This’ – Aaron Tippin This was Aaron’s third and final number one song in October of 2000. What makes this a great country breakup song is the simple and strong message that it sends.
3. ‘Before He Cheats’ – Carrie Underwood This is Carrie Underwood’s biggest hit to date. The song won Grammy awards and many other awards. What makes this a great country breakup song is the fantasy that every woman has had on someone who has done them wrong.
4. ‘You’ll Think Of Me’ – Keith Urban This was a 2-week number one song for Keith in 2004. What makes it a great country breakup song is the song shows the pain and emotion of a relationship ending.
5. ‘Always On My Mind’ – Willie Nelson This song was recorded by many singers of all genres, the most popular version is by Willie Nelson in 1982. The song won Grammy awards, CMA awards and topped the chart for two weeks. What makes it a great country breakup song is the pain of a lost love.
6. ‘Nobody Knows’ – Kevin Sharp .. This was Kevin’s only number one single. Kevin lost his long battle with cancer earlier in 2014. What makes this a great country breakup song is the painful emotion of someone dealing with a lost love.
7. ‘ I Will Always Love You’ – Dolly Parton This song was originally released in 1974 and hit number one, Dolly also released the song as a duet with Vince Gill in the 1980’s and it hit number one again. Whitney Houston sang this song in 1992 and it was her biggest hit of her career. What makes this a great country breakup song is the raw, honest emotion of a breakup.