Ways You Can Donate To Hair For The Hungry!
You've heard us talking about it. B98.5 is kicking off our annual "Tanksgiving" Food Drive early this year with Hair for the Hungry. Our news director, Renee Nelson, is going to shave her head when we raise $2500. We need to do it by May 30th. The best part is, Supercuts is going to match the donations up to $2500. By the end, we will have at least $5000 to donate to area food banks.
"Tanksgiving" is one of Central Maine's largest food drives that helps stock the shelves during the holidays. But, it's important to help out year round, especially this time of year. So, we want to extend our "Tanksgiving" food drive this year to help area food banks right now.
There are many ways you can donate:
- Drop off donations at Supercuts with 2 locations in Augusta also in Waterville, Auburn, Bath, Lewiston, Thomaston & Topsham
- Securely online with the United Way of Kennebec Valley
- Mail a check (made out to United Way of Kennebec Valley) to: B98.5 c/o Renee Nelson PO. Box 5070 Augusta, ME 04330
- Bring in donations to B98.5
Some great ways to help make this the best of the best when it comes to food drives is to team up with people. Here are some ideas:
- Ask everyone in your workplace to donate their pocket change (it adds up) or more.
- Challenge like businesses. The "Anything you can do, we can do better" mentality. Orthodontists can challenge other Orthodontists, Banks/Credit Unions challenge other Banks/Credits, Real estate agents challenge other Real estate agents.
- Bottles...collect them at your workplace or home
- Coin jars at home...just bring them to the station.
This truly is a community effort. Nobody should go hungry and you never know when you might have to utilize your local food bank. Each dollar, donated to area food banks, is turned into $13 worth of food. $5000 has the potential to be turned into $65000 worth of food and that is truly AMAZING!
We make a living by what we get - But we make a life by what we give! ~Winston Churchill