We Are Just A Month Away From The B98.5 Tanksgiving Food Drive
In just a month's time, we will be kicking off our annual Tanksgiving Food Drive to help those in need, right here in Central Maine.
The Tanksgiving Food Drive will run from November 7th - November 10th. We will announce our times and locations soon. In the meantime, this what you can do to prepare:
- Start cleaning out your pantry. I always have stuff that accumulated over the year.
- When you go grocery shopping, pick up an extra item or two.
- Challenge your friends and coworkers to collect more than you
- Start collecting your change (we like money and it goes a long way)
- Encourage your child's classroom to collect donations
- If you're a business, challenge similar businesses to match your donation
Here are appropriate items to donate:
- Canned meat
- Peanut butter
- pasta sauce
- seasonings/salt & pepper
- condiments: ketchup/mustard
- ramen noodles
- canned fruit
- canned veggies
- school snacks
- bottled water
- Instant mashed potatoes
- baby food
- feminine products
- body wash
Things that are NOT appropriate items to donate:
- anything that is perishable
- expired items
- opened items
- brownie & cake mixes (they usually require perishable items to make)
All donations are given to the Salvation Army and local food banks. From there, the food is distributed to those in need for the holiday season.