Andy Capwell’s ‘American Idol’ Update: Elimination Shocker
We are only five weeks away from the fifteenth and final 'American Idol' winner. Eliminations will come swiftly and two of the top ten were sent home last night. Here's the recap of the show last night.
Those who were not in the bottom were called and they performed.
1. Dalton Rappontoni: 'Radioactive' He's a natural on stage and the young ladies love him. He can carry a tune, but I think he's more style than substance. Very marketable. 7.5 out of 10.
2. Lee Jean: 'Use Somebody' I was kind of surprised that he wasn't in the bottom three. He played guitar and sang a very vocally thin performance of the song. 5.5 out of 10.
3. Sonika Vaid: 'Since You've Been Gone' Sonika is again excellent vocally but isn't wasn't as good as her breakthrough performance last week. The judges were way too tough on her. 9 out of 10.
4. MacKenzie Bourg: 'I Want To Dance With Somebody' It was kind of an indy take on a dance, pop song. I thought it came off sort of boring, the judges loved it. 6.5 out of 10.
5. LaPorscha Renae: 'Halo' We learned that her hair has it's own name and LaPorscha wows us again with another big, diva performance. 9 out of 10.
6. Trent Harmon: 'When A Man Loves A Woman' He's all dressed up and hits some crazy high notes. This was a breakout performance for Trent. 9 out 10.
7. Tristan McIntosh: 'Go Rest High On That Mountain' I was happy and surprised that she was safe after last weeks performance. She played the piano and at 15 years old, she gave a very passionate and poised version of the Vince Gill classic. 9 out of 10.
That means the bottom three are Avalon Young, Olivia Rox and Gianna Isabella. The judges in a shocker save Avalon and send home early favorite Olivia. Gianna also was sent home.