Contact Us
Community

Community - Page 3

adooption
getty images - Antoine Antoniol

Children In Maine Who Would Love A New Home For Christmas

Every child deserves to grow up in a happy home.  To feel the security and safety that comes with just being a kid.  Join a sports team and have a parent watch from the stands.  Have someone for support and encouragement through the first time riding a bike, catching their first fish, first date or driving for the first time.  To lay the foundation of being a good human being.  If you have thought about adopting a child, here are older kids looking for their forever home in Maine.

Read More

hqdefault6

Maine State Trooper Kneed Man Resisting Arrest – Is It Brutality? [VIDEO]

A video, that was released onto social media over weekend, is sparking a lot of debate.  In the video, a Maine State Police Trooper (who was responding to a domestic violence call) is trying to place the suspect under arrest.  When the suspect resists arrest, the trooper kneed him several times and even slapped him across the head a few times.

Read More

Good Samaritan leaves coats with note
Courtesy of WCSH 6

Good Samaritan Leaves Jackets And Encourages The Public To Do The Same

Several jackets were found around Portland with notes attached pinned to them.  The note reads 'I am not lost!  Please take me if you need me!'  According to WCSH 6, the coats were placed on light poles by Gabby Kaper. 

Read More

Manchester Elementary Book Fair
Courtesy of Manchester Elementary School PTCO

Travis Mills Book Signing For Manchester Elementary School Fundraiser At Barnes & Noble

Manchester Elementary School is having a fundraiser at Barnes & Noble and Panera Bread on December 1st from 4pm - 8pm.  To ensure that a portion of your purchase goes to the school, be sure to mention Manchester Elementary School and use the book fair ID: 11748878.  Travis Mills will be there signing copies of his recently released book 'Tough As They Come'.

Read More

Salvation Army Red Kettle
Salvation Army Red Kettle

Capital Area Salvation Army Angels Trees Are Back at the Marketplace@Augusta

The Capital Area Salvation Army Angel Trees are back at the Marketplace@Augusta. It is how you can help the kids of central Maine for this holiday season.  On the trees you will find the name of kids, a little about them and their gift wishes.  

Read More

Category: Christmas, Community
Sukeforth Family Festival of Trees

See The Trees You Could Win At The Sukeforth Family Festival Of Trees

What a great cause.  The Sukeforth Family Festival of Trees is an event starting this Friday and will help raise money for: Spectrum Generations Meals on Wheels, Hospice Volunteers of Waterville Area & House in the Woods.  For only 50 cents, you could win one of these fully filled Christmas trees...with all the gifts included.

Read More

Ames
Getty Images - Mike Theiler

Top Ten Businesses Sarah Wants To Bring Back To The Augusta Area

There are a lot of great businesses in Augusta!  There always has been.  But we've also seen a lot of great businesses come and go.  Some of them, I miss and would love to see them return to Augusta.  Some I never had to pleasure of visiting, but heard great stories about them.

Read More

hqdefault2

Surprise Soldier Homecomings in 2015 – GRAB YOUR TISSUES [VIDEO]

Not sure why I torture myself with videos like this.  But it's nice to cry happy tears and I think we need to once in awhile.  In honor of Veteran's Day and to our soldiers past & present, thank you so much for your sacrifice and service.

Read More

Category: Community, Offbeat
Veterans
Photo from Thinkstock

Where To Find Veterans Day Free Deals

Veterans Day is Wednesday, Nov. 11,  and many national chains are saying "thank you" to veterans and active military members by offering freebies.

Many of the deals require proof of service, and some of the deals are extended to family members.

Here is a list of freebies for veterans and active military members:

Read More

iStockphoto
iStockphoto

Blaine House Food Drive Is Underway

As B98.5 wraps up our 15th annual 'Tanks' gving food drive, the Governor and the first lady Ann LePage are starting the annual Blaine House food drive.

Read More

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://b985.fm using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Stinger's Scoop Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Stinger's Scoop Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.