Contact Us
Community

Community

Thinkstock
Thinkstock

Ten Maine Fun Facts!

I have lived in Maine almost all of my life, we moved to Florida for seven months when I was ten years old and I lived in Massachusetts while going to radio school. I'd like to think I know a lot about the Pine Tree State, here are some Maine Fun Facts.

Read More

Category: Community, Offbeat Tags: ,

Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team Playing in Augusta Friday, August 8

The Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team will be in Augusta (Aug. 8) and Old Orchard Beach (Aug. 9) this week. On Friday the team will play the Togus VA Medical Center Employees at 5:00 pm at the Mt. Vernon Avenue field.

Read More

Category: Community, Sports, Videos Tags: ,
Russ Ensley, Thinkstock
Russ Ensley, Thinkstock

Destination Maine: The Skowhegan State Fair

Fair season in Maine is well underway and the 196th Skowhegan State Fair starts on Thursday, August 7th and goes through Saturday, August 16th. There's nothing better then walking around the fair, enjoying a fried dough and just soaking it all in.

Read More

Photo by Erika Sawtelle
Photo by Erika Sawtelle

Connor Is A Fighter: Here’s How You Can Help!

The Sawtelle family of Vassalboro are a family of four that are looking for answers for their son Connor. Connor was born a healthy baby boy at around 37 weeks. At about 5 weeks of age Connor developed a very serious case of RSV, during his 10 day hospital stay Connor had lost a good amount of weight.

Read More

Category: Community, Family, Health Tags: ,
Kelsey Stoneton
Kelsey Stoneton

Central Maine Community Supports Winthrop Family After Sudden Death of Daughter [AUDIO]

17-year-old Kelsey Stoneton of Winthrop died suddenly early Saturday (Aug. 2) morning after collapsing Friday (Aug. 1) because of a pulmonary embolism. What a horrendous shock for the family and the community.

Read More

by Renee Nelson. Taken at an AE event at MIF
by Renee Nelson. Taken at an AE event at MIF

Who is the Girl in the Photo with Amelia Earhart? [Photo]

This past Saturday (August 2) was an event to honor the 80th anniversary of Amelia Earhart’s visit to Maine. At Maine Instrument Flight they had a display about Earhart and a special focus on encouraging girls and women to learn to fly. One of the old newspaper photos in the display about Earhart’s visit to Augusta caught my attention. The caption on the photo did not identify the girl other than 'Augusta girl'. I asked if anyone knew who the little girl was in the photo? They said "probably just a local girl." Yes, but WHO is she?? Did she live in Augusta? Does she still? So. Many. Questions.

Read More

Category: Community, History, Photos
Mike Coppola, Getty Images
Mike Coppola, Getty Images

The Magic Of ‘V’ This Weekend In East Madison

It's the magic of 'V' tonight and Saturday night at the East Madison Grange Hall. 'V', who is Skowhegan native Bill VonTobel, is billing the show from Las Vegas to Skow Vegas!

Read More

Category: Community, Events Tags:
Disney
Disney

80th Anniversary of Amelia Earhart’s Visit to Maine at Maine Instrument Flight

I love planes. One of the things I really like about living in Augusta because I get to see planes taking off and landing at the Augusta State Airport and Maine Instrument Flight.  I also like things that encourage girls look at non traditions careers or hobbies they might love. So this event is right up my alley. This Saturday (August 2) the 80th anniversary of Amelia Earhart’s visit to Maine will be honored with an informational display about Earhart and a special focus on encouraging girls and women to learn to fly.

Read More

Category: Community
David McNew, Getty Images
David McNew, Getty Images

Mountain Mama of Maine at the Expo

The Townsquare Media made in Maine Expo is coming to the Colby College field house in Waterville on August 16th. There will be over 40 Maine companies displaying their wares, everything from food, shoes, collectables and more. One company that will be on hand is Mountain Mama of Maine with her collection of all natural products.

Read More

Getty Images, Photo by David McNew
Getty Images, Photo by David McNew

Save The Skowhegan Drive-In

The Red Barn Cares Foundation is producing a series of fund raisers to help the Skowhegan Drive-In, if the drive-in can't raise the money to go digital, they will have to close at the end of this season. With the help of Stephen King, archival copies of his films Christine, Pet Sematary and The Shining will play Friday, August 1 and Saturday,August 2 at the Skowhegan Drive-In for a Stephen King Movie Marathon. Go here for ticket information. Get your Friday night tickets here and get your Saturday night tickets here.

Read More

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://b985.fm using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on B98.5 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on B98.5 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!