Woman Mistakes Dynamite for Candle
It's always good to know the difference between candles and dynamite.
A woman in Bridgeport, Connecticut was seriously hurt when she lit a stick of dynamite thinking it was a candle. A thunderstorm knocked out the power in her home and she remebered seeing some candles in the basement that where left from the houses previous owner. It was actually a stick on dynamite.
She lit one, went to move it, and it exploded. She suffered severe injuries to her hands, and could lose some of her fingers. On ustoday.com she was actually lucky it wasn't a full stick of dynamite, it was a quarter of stick.
The woman also suffered injuries to her face. Her husband and two children ages 2 and 11 were home, but not injured.