Barnes & Noble Is Giving Kids Free Books This Month
I don't know about you but I still love book stores, I love to browse, I love to hold the books, see the covers, and find a lil corner to sit and indulge. I consider it a lost art in this digital age. I think it is something worth preserving and even passing on to the younger ones. Luckily here in Augusta, Barnes & Noble is here to help.
For starters, if you bring in your child’s reading book list from their school or class, you can get a Free Tall Hot or Iced Coffee from the Cafe!
OK, so what about those FREE books you say, so here's the deal...
- Start by going to the Barnes and Noble summer reading program section of their website to select the age range that your child fits into. It's broken down between Ages 0-7, Ages 8-12, Teens and Young Adults, and Adults.
- Next, find the link where you can download and print a reading journal.
- Now fill out the student information on the bottom of the page of the downloaded journal. NOTE: this does require a parent to be involved to sign it... at least if you want that FREE book...
- We are chugging along here....In the reading log, have your child note the title and author, and a favorite part of 8 different books, you need to do this to get THE free book.
- Almost done here...Take the completed and signed reading journal down to the Market Place Barnes and Noble store now through August 31st. Show it to an employee and **BOOM** they will let your child choose a book from the free book list! Cool right!?!?
Don't forget, this summer reading program is only available to school-aged children in grades 1-6th and only one book is available for each child who completes a reading journal...oh, and one more thing... the choice must be made from the selected books available at that store.
But hey, its a free book, and an encouragement to read... not to mention it confirms checking out a real brick and mortar book store!!