Kristi Found A New Love For Tie-Dying
I took some time out of my sunny Sunday afternoon to enjoy the gorgeous weather and get a little crafty.
What's better than a big ol' dose of vitamin D with a side of crafting? In my book, nothing can beat it!
I wanted to try something I hadn't done in a very long time: Tie Dying!
I gathered all the supplies I needed, I found the design pattern I wanted to achieve, and got straight to work.
Supplies you will need
- Rubber Bands
- Plastic Wrap
- T-shirt or other Garment
- Tie Dye Kit or Ritz Dye
- Paper Towels
- Covered Work Surface
- Pre-Wash T-Shirt
- Keep Shirt Damp (straight from washer is best)
- Fold T-Shirt into the Pattern of your choice (I folded mine long ways, like an accordion)
- Place Rubber Bands (helps shirt hold its shape)
- Apply Dye (any where on the shirt you would like)
- Roll T-Shirt Over (without picking it up, trying not to blend colors)
- Apply Dye Again
- Wrap Shirt In Plastic Wrap
- Leave Shirt To Sit (for at least 6-8 hours)
- Remove Plastic Wrap
- Rinse Shirt By Hand
- Cut Rubber Bands Offs
- Unfold Shirt
- Wash In Washing Machine (large load, Hot water & only 1 Shirt at a time)
- Dry as T-Shirt is directed
- TA-DA YOU'RE DONE!!
Once the dying process was over and I had the finished shirt in front of me, I decided to make a few adjustments by cutting the bottom into tassels and adding a peak-a-boo neckline. I never do anything basic, like it needs to be over the top and down right fancy! LOL
I will be sure to continue Tie-Dying as it was much more fun then I remember.
If you have any neat Tie-Dying tips and tricks I would love to hear them! You can always message me right thru the Bee App or on the B98.5 facebook page.