Maine Man Dead Following Tuesday Afternoon Crash
A Central Maine man is dead following a Tuesday afternoon crash in Canton, Maine.
According to an article in the KJ, 57-year-old Vince Wilder was fatally injured when his 2015 Toyota SUV collided with a Ford SUV on Canton Point Road.
A press release from the Oxford County Sheriff’s Office explains that, at about 12:30 PM, Wilder was driving westbound when he lost control of his vehicle. Wilder's Toyota crossed the center line and collided with the Ford Escape, which was driven by 63-year-old Cynthia Melanson, of Dixfield, Maine.
The impact caused Wilder's vehicle to hit a Central Maine Power pole, causing a power outage.
The article goes on to explain that Melanson was taken to Rumford Community Hospital with injuries that are not considered to be life-threatening.
Canton Point Road was reportedly closed for several hours following the crash.
The Oxford Country Sheriff's Department continues to investigate the crash.
Our thoughts go out to all those affected by this tragedy.
Here are some other stories you may be interested in:
- -Much of New England could see another winter storm on Saturday
- -The latest COVID-19 variant has a strange symptom
- -DaVinci's Restaurant in Lewiston has temporarily closed. Here's why!
- -When will Market Basket's Topsham location open?
- -Will Maine ever ban wood-burning stoves?
- -These celebrities visited Maine in 2023
- -Country star Chris Young hitting the road in 2024
- -Popular Southern Maine Thai restaurant expanding
- -An open letter to people who get deliveries during winter storms
Maine Roads & Streets To Avoid In A Snowstorm
Look Inside Colorado's Airplane Restaurant
Gallery Credit: Kelsey Nistel