10 Must Haves You’ll Need When Visiting A Maine Beach This Summer
Summer is here, and that means beach trips galore. Or it does in my house anyway. If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you may have noticed that on the warmer days of the year, you'll find my little family and me at the beach.
We love the sun, the water, and the soft sand (actually, I'm not too fond of sand, but I deal) that you'd find at any beach in Maine, but our favorite beach of all is Old Orchard Beach. Maybe it's the arcade or the pier that draws us back or more, but either way, we absolutely love it.
One thing I've learned over the years of beach hopping is what you need while visiting a beach. Below you will find my top 10 must-haves for beaching it this Summer!
1. Beach Towels - You'd think this one was a given, but I don't know how many times I've left the house without beach towels. Pro Tip: Buy everyone a different color towel, so they don't get mixed up.
2. Swim Suits - This is another important factor while visiting the beach. Swimsuits are mandatory, so you might as well buy the whole family matching ones!
3. Sun Screen - Unless you want to leave the beach looking like a lobster straight out of the ocean, you shouldn't forget the sunscreen, and to be super real... pack extra just in case.
4. Cooler - Don't buy a cheap cooler unless you are only looking to visit the beach once ever. Invest in a cooler like this RTIC one that will keep your lunch and drinks cold for hours.
5. Beach Toys - Beach toys will keep you and your little ones entertained for hours while you're building those wonderful sandcastles.
6. Chairs - Unless you want to sit in the sand and have it stuck to your whole body, and I do not, you should make sure to bring a few beach chairs!
7. Sun Glasses - Don't forget your sunnies!
8. Sun Hat - While the umbrella will keep you shaded on the beach its self, a sun hat will keep you shaded while you're in the water. So make sure everyone has one!
9. Umbrella - If you like to take naps at the beach, make sure you buy a great big umbrella and be sure that it can anchor into the sand. Nothing worse than a rouge umbrella.
10. Wet Dry Bag - A wet-dry bag is the last must-have item on my list. This bag will come in hand as you're leaving the beach and you're toting wet bathing suits around.
You Can Now Mine For Gold While Visiting Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Maine Bars & Restaurants W/ Patios & Decks
Hey, have you downloaded our FREE app? If not, you totally should. With the app, you can stream us live anywhere at any time; you can also send us messages, win exclusive prizes, and you'll even get the latest breaking news sent right to your phone. Want to download the app right now? All you've got to do is enter your mobile number below, and we'll send a download link right to your mobile device. It's that easy!