Holiday Warning: Say NO To Cookie Dough
This is one of those things that I always say "do as I say, not as I do!" But, according to the Center For Disease Control I should definitely cease and desist from putting any raw cookie dough in my mouth! Ugh...but it taste soooo gooood!!
They also warn not to bake or eat recalled Duncan Hines cake mixes, or eat cake or batter made with them or risk getting quite sick!
- DO keep raw foods like eggs and flour separate from foods ready to eat. .
- DO wash your hands with running water and soap after handling raw ingedients, and also counter tops and surfaces that they may have come in contact with.
- DO read and follow label directions to refrigerate products containing raw dough or eggs until they are fully cooked.
- DON'T taste or eat any raw dough or batters.
- DON'T allow children to play with or eat raw dough, including dough for crafts.
- DON'T use raw, homemade cookie dough in ice cream.