Kristi Made Her First Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
Summer is still very much hanging around and will continue to for the next few weeks. But, something about the temperature starting to drop has my brain set to Fall mode. I then, in turn, can't stop thinking about all the delicious stuff ill be making in my slow cooker.
One thing I have never been able to make successfully is a stew of any sort, and that downright sucks because well its stew and I want to perfect making it. Over the weekend, I browsed Pinterest for some quick yet easily achievable chicken stew recipes. I stumbled upon a recipe from TheSimpleParent.com and figured I'd give it my best shot.
I did end up changing the recipe to our taste preferences, I added more chicken and potatoes and did not add the stewed tomatoes. But, in the end, I can say I successfully made a chicken stew, one that my kids even requested seconds of!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 3)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- 1 bag frozen vegetable blend (peas, corn, carrots, and green beans)
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced (I used 3)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I did not add this ingredient)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- Chop the potatoes and onions.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bowl of the slow cooker and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Layer the frozen vegetables, potatoes, onion, and tomatoes on top of the chicken.
Ingredients for chicken stew slow-cooker recipe in slow cooker bowl.
- Add the chicken broth and water. Stir to combine.
- Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, remove the chicken from the Crockpot and allow it to cool slightly. Shred both chicken breasts using forks and return to the slow cooker. Enjoy with crackers or warm bread!
Hey, have you downloaded our FREE App? If not, you totally should. With the App, you can stream us anywhere at any time, you can also send direct messages to the DJ's, and you'll even get the latest breaking news sent right to your phone.