Maine General Health’s Day Of Hope Goes Virtual
Maine General Health has re-imagined two of its annual events. Cancer Survivors Day and the Walk for Hope, will now be the Day Of Hope. The need to modify these events is due to CDC's social distancing guidelines and to ensure the health and safety of walkers and survivors.
Maine General Health's Day of Hope event is Saturday, October 3rd, 2020, but you can start fundraising as soon as you'd like. The best part about this year's event going virtual, you don't have to wait; you can get started today!
Those who are unable to walk are still encouraged to build a team and fundraise; no job is too small when it comes to fighting cancer.
About our virtual Day of Hope
For all of the details or to donate, visit give.mainegeneral.org/hope.
The mission of this event is to:
- Celebrate our courageous cancer fighters and survivors and remember those we’ve lost;
- Educate our community about the cancer resources available through the HACCC;
- Encourage people to get out and walk in support of local cancer care; and
- Raise critical funds to support patient needs and programming at the HACCC.
Here’s what you can expect between now and Oct. 3.
- A celebration video. On Oct. 3, we will premiere an inspiring video celebration on our MaineGeneral Walk for Hope Facebook page. “Like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MaineGeneralWalkForHope/. The video will be made available on our website following the premiere.
- Educational videos. Our video library will be updated periodically.
- An artwork contest for the HACCC Calendar.
- A pinwheel garden at the HACCC. To purchase a pinwheel, visit give.mainegeneral.org/pinwheel.
- Walking. People in our community have already begun registering, creating teams and getting out to walk, and we want you to join them! Register to walk and share photos and videos with us of you out walking.
- Fundraising. Once you register to walk, a link will be sent to you to set up your own personal fundraising page.
Event Sponsors: Charlie's family of dealerships, New Balance, Central Maine Power, G&E roofing, Kennebec Savings Bank, Augusta Fuel Company, TRC, JF Scott Construction, J.S. McCarthy Printers, Rinck Advertising, SMRT, WIPFLI, Capital Area Federal Credit Union, Fielders Choice, Golden Pond Wealth Management, KV Federal Credit Union, Lincoln Financial Group, Colby College, Franklin Savings Bank, and Lajoie Brothers Inc.
Hey, have you downloaded our FREE app? If not, you totally should. With the app you can stream us anywhere at any time, you can also send us messages, and you'll even get the latest breaking news sent right to your phone.